background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bloom where you are planted

Go to fullsize image

I have some beautiful knock out rose bushes.  I have them planted on one side of my house. I just love to look at them and smell them.  They give me so much pleasure. They have so many blooms this year. But they did not start out that way. I remember when I bought them they were just small branches without anything on them.

I planted them, watered, and fertilized them. They got pleanty of sun and one day there was a small bud.  A few days later they had flowers all over them. These bushes could not nourish themselves.  They depended completely on me (the gardner) for their nourishment. They were so beautiful.

The instructions said that you had to cut them back after a year.  I waited and really hated to cut them back, they were so pretty. But in order for them to have more blooms and flowers and to grow bigger and stronger the instructions said this must take place. So I pruned them.  This year they are so beautiful. They are bigger and have even more flowers on them!

John 15 (paraphrased) says that Jesus is the True Vine and God is the vine-dresser.  If we remain in Him then we will bear much fruit.  Apart from Him we can do NOTHING! When we bear much fruit then our Heavenly Father is honorred and glorified.

Just like the rose bush can do nothing on its own, neither can we.  I cannot live a healthy life style without God's help.  But I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. So today if you feel defeated, just look to Him and let Him lift y ou up and prune y ou so you can bring much glory and honor to Him.

John 15:11 says "I have told you these things, that My joy and My delight may be in you, and that your joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing."

Bloom where you are planted!

Princess Lee

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! LOVE!!!!! I wanna be a GIGANTIC rose bush!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! you are such a good writer. :)

    ReplyDelete