background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 1

Well here goes! This is the journey I really didn't think I wanted or could take.  I just thought that since I woke up one day FAT, then I could just as well wake up one day THIN!!  Well as you know it dosen't quite work that way.

You will have to bear with me because I am not computer literate.  I just want to journel my journey and maybe help someone along the way.

A little bit about me.  I am the oldest of 3 children.  My father was in the Navy so we traveled all my young life.  I never had a weight problem. Mine was just the opposite.  Everyone always told me I needed to put meat on these bones.  Well mission accomplished.  I am a grandmother of 7 wonderful children (one more on the way) and mother to 4 beautiful children.  I am 52 years old and I weigh 247 pounds.  Ok there I put it out there  and exposed myself.

God spoke to me and told me thru His Word that my temple was in shambles and it was time to do some restoration. If this artifact was going to be around another 50 years then we had some work to do.  So to obey Him, here we go.  (We being me and Him). 

Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them (food), for it is the lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.  Deut. 31;6

Day one was so hard.  Here is the plan that He set before me:
 1. Eat lean meats, vegetables and fruit.  Write everything down that goes into my mouth.  Portion control, portion control, portion control, portion control.
2. limit breads, pastas, rice and potatoes to only once or twice a week.  Then eat only whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta.
3. Small handful of nuts daily.  I like pecans and almonds.
4. At least 1 serving of yogurt daily.
5. DO NOT REWARD MYSELF WITH FOOD!!
6. At least 30 min. of exercise daily.
7. (The most important).  Study and meditate on the Word of God.
8. Read the Word before each meal and bless each meal.
9. When i feel the urge to eat when i should not I will go to the Word and pray.
10. Do ALL with joy.
11. Lean on God and His understanding and not my own every step of the way.
12. Weigh one time a week.

Be strong-strength or power greater than average.
Be courageous-able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching.
Be firm-not shakable, steadfast resolve.

Fear not, God goes before me.  He will not fail me or forsake me.

Love in Christ
Lee Foreback

2 comments: