background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 11 & 12 Sanctuary

So I went to Dallas this weekend (actually Allen Texas) to visit my daughter, son-in-law and wonderful grand children.  I really enjoyed my time I got to spend with my daughter. We had so much fun shopping, shopping and shopping.

They have a terrific place to eat there called Souper Salads. Best place to eat if you are wanting fresh vegetables and able to build your own salad. Anyway we had so much fun.

This morning we got up and went to church. They attend First Baptist Dallas. This was a very impressive church. They actually have a Lifeway store in the church which was opened today. They have a cafe that serves Starbucks coffee. It was unbeliveable! As we are taking the baby to the nursery I was overwhelmed at all the people coming and going. I felt like I was in a very busy mall at Christmas time. The baby area was out of this world. The workers were all so friendly and smiling. They actually acted like they wanted to be there.

After leaving the nursery area we took the escalator down to the first floor and headed to the sanctuary. As we came close I noticed that the doors were very old and there was stain-glassed windows. I made a comment to my daughter that they kept the original doors. She said no we are actually entering into the original building.

I couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of this old sanctuary. I even looked up the history and this is what it said: Dallas is the mid-1800's was one wild and reckless burg. Several Baptist churches were run out of town before eight women and three men formed this little determined congregation and put down roots in 1868. The sanctuary that they are in today was actually built in 1890. The campus now covers six city blocks.

As I looked around at all the people dressed in modern attire from pants to really nice dresses I couldn't help wonder at everything this sanctuary had seen. Of course I knew it had to have some renovations and up keep to keep it looking this beautiful.  I thought about the journey God was taking me on in renovating my sanctuary. I knew then that I was prepared for something awesome.

They had a great choir and orchestra that just sounded awesome. They had an old pipe organ that sounded through the sanctuary like none I had ever heard. The worship time was such that I was led to the very throne room of God. Then they had a guest speaker Lee Strobel who authored the bood The Cause for Faith. I was just deeply blessed by everything. But the one thing that spoke to me, that really blest my heart, that brought a tear to my eyes was during offering my little grandaughter Allie opened her purse and took out her money (money she has earned by rubbing people's feet) and placed that money lovingly into the offering plate.  The love she had for God was just evident all over her sweet little face. This was the most beautiful site that I saw in the sanctuary today.

Thank You Father for my family and all they mean to me. What a lovely and precious time.

Princess Lee

1 comment:

  1. This just made me cry!! "joy" tears because I know how precious Allie is and her love for her Daddy God!!!! She is destined to draw other to that LOVE!

    ReplyDelete