background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 9 Exercise : (

Oh yeah, I hate exercise. Or at least that is what I had been telling myself for years. But as you know with this life style change God has called me to renovate His temple and seems exercise is one of the ways.

I remember as a child running and playing outside and my mom had to threaten me to come inside.  I loved being out running, jumping rope, hula hooping (of which couldn't get a hula hoop big enough to be lose around my waist right now) and playing on the monkey bars.  Yes I loved exercise as a child. As a teen in high school I was on the track team. YES, me, I was on the Varsity team. I ran cross country. I loved running and feeling the breeze in my hair and the way I felt when I got through with a race. But I have not done that kind of stuff in years.

Recently though God has brought to my mind those feelings of running and feeliong free. I have even sat on my couch with a bag of chips and thought how nice it would be to be able to run.  So when I started exercising a week ago the longing in my heart was to be able to run.

Well I am on my way. I am so happy to say that I have worked up to a little jog. I know, not much for most but a mountain for me! God let me have a taste of what it felt like to feel the wind in my hair as I jogged for 1 minute. I felt so good afterwards. I felt like I did when I ran a race and came in second. I always came in second at every meet because I had a friend who always came in first!

Yesterday I grabbed a small bag of chips (just felt like having something salty), sat down to eat them and after 2 chips felt the Lord say, come walk with me. So I got up tossed the chips and went walking with the Lord. So so good. Reminds me of Adam and Eve when God walked with them in the cool of the day.
It wasn't even exercise! And NO I did not come back for the chips.  I actually had forgotten about them until now!

Proverbs 31:17 says "She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] and makes her arms strong and firm." Wow there is a sermon in just that verse.

So get up and go walk with the Lord!

Princess Lee

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful =)
    I am so proud of you and inspired by you! God is so good and I am BELIEVING that during THIS journey, Lee, YOU will be in FIRST PLACE!!!!! There is NOTHING the enemy can do to stop you. That spirit of not being good enough is being cast off of you! YOU are a FIRST PLACE WINNER!!! And you can take THAT, take THAT, HOMEBOY (devil)!!!! Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete