background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 5 Adultery

Ok, so I bet that title grabed you. Yes I am talking about adultery today.  As I was eating my lunch today I got to thinking how since it was Sunday this would be my "cheat" day on past fad diets. You see I always started a diet and used Sunday as my cheat day to eat whatever I had deprived myself of during the week.  I could go all week knowing Sunday was coming. Today though was very different.

You see several days ago I made a covenant with God to help Him restore my temple and to honor and glorify Him with it. I looked up the meaning in the dictionary of adultery and this is what the dictionary says: extramarital sex that willifully and maliciously interferes with marriage relations.  Ok I thought what has that got to do with over eating on Sunday?  Well I looked up the defination according to the Bible and it comprises a whole different meaning.

Jeremiah 3:9 says, And through the infamy and unseemly frivolity of Israel's whoredom [because her immorality mattered little to her], she polluted and defiled the land, [by her idolatry] committing adultery with [idols of] stones and trees.  Amplified

A covenant was made between the nation of Israel and God. Israel agreed to abide by the terms of the covenant and God promised to bless them.  The stones and trees were the objects to which God's wife (Israel) gave its affections.  The foreign object that adulterated the relationship served to replace God.  God divorced Israel and the relationship He had with them ceased to exist.  No sex involved yet adultery was committed!

You see even in the past I would commit to treating this temple as a Holy dwelling place of the Almighty God and then one day a week I would open it to gods and idols.  This grieved me in my spirit today.  That I could treat God like He didn't even matter. 

Then I read in Hosea 2:14-15 and it says, Therefore, behold, I will allure her [Israel] and bring her into the wilderness, and I will speak tenderly and to her heart. There I will give her her vineyards and make the Valley of Achor [troubling] to be for her a door of hope and expectation.  And she shall sing there and respond as in the days of her youth and as at the time when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

Thank You, Lord, for speaking tenderly to my heart and for turning the place of my trouble into a door of hope and expectation!

Isn't our God awesome?  Isn't He wonderful? Isn't He lovely? Oh how He loves us! He always wants what is best for us!  In verse 16 of Hosea 2 He says that we will call Him Ishi [meaning my Husband].

So you ask me do I have a cheat day? No! Now I will not be perfect but I will not set aside a time to flirt, love and adore nothing but my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!!!!!

Princess Lee

PS: The big weigh in day is this Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, this is GOOD STUFF!!!!!! WOW, that is all I can say! oh, and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete