background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 2 Rocky Road (not ice cream)

Well this is a rocky road. I knew that it would not be the inerstate highway but I did not think about this road with deep crevices and canyons.  This is hard.  It is not easy.

God has a desire for us to share in His holiness.  Without holiness no man shall see the Lord.  We have to persue holiness.  Holiness means to be of one mind with God.  Whatever God says is right, is right.  If God says it is wrong then it is wrong.  We have to line our mind up with the Word of God.

What does the Word say about taking care of your body? In 1Corinthians 6:19-20 says "Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

WOW!! That kept me from wanting to tear into some pizza last night. I want to honor God and bring glory to Him and Him alone. Too many years my body has glorified this false god (food) and it has brought shame. But God wants to lift me up and glorify Himself through me! I serve an awesome God.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have read and made comments on my blog. I feel as if I am surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. Thank you for your prayers. This journey is going to be long and hard but I wouldn't miss it for the world. My Father will go before me, beside me and behind me! Thank you Father.

Love in Christ
Lee Foreback

1 comment: