background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stopped counting days!

As some of you know I was out of town this weekend in Dallas and then Monday morning early I went to Shreveport to visit my mother and father.  We had an awesome visit.  I got to spend good quality time with them. Some of you know my mother has been gravely ill, but thanks be to God she is healed. This is a story that I hope she writes about soon!

Well as you all know when you go out of town the first thing you think about (or I always thought about) is where are we going to eat? I told my accountability partner that I was going out of town and she told me to let the Holy Spirit guide me in what I was to eat. I just want to say I did that and God is the Victor!!

Several places we went I had the oppertunity to realy splurge on food that wasn't acceptable for me at this time. God was very faithful in providing me a way out of EVERY TEMPTATION! One of my biggest problems was always going to mom's and well you know we all have mom's that can cook. Nothing taste like mom's! But God made a way.

I even kept my exercise up. No I did not run any marathon's but I did walk and had some time with God. The verses that I have learned during this journey keep coming back to me. They are found in Romans 12:1-2. "I beseech you therefore brothers to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you can prove that acceptable, perfect and pleasing will of God."

It all starts with the renewing of your mind (on a daily, sometimes minute by minute basis). When you speak what God says about you instead of believing what the enemy says about you then everything changes!!

I thank my Father God for going before me, beside me, and behind me on this wonderful journey! I am learning so much about Him! He really is AWESOME!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I wish I had a way of weighing what I have learned and what I have lost. In just a little over a week I feel transformed!

Princess Lee

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I've been silently reading, but this post, I just had to comment.

    Thank you! Thank you for sharing your journey in this process. Because even with my own health, to be reminded of Romans 12:1-2 is something to be applied at all ages.

    I'm so glad He gave you those ways out of every temptation on your trip and I am so inspired by your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I am loving your posts. I, too, struggle with respecting my body as a temple for the Holy Spirit. You are helping me with that. Thank you for sharing your walk. Beth (Elrod)

    ReplyDelete