background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 10 Chicken Express

Express, Webster says it is a rapid transport of goods. I say that because my husband and child wanted Chicken Express for dinner last night. Oh how I pleaded with them, "please do not bring that into this house, I don't know if I can resist. I am too new at all this." But these two wanted Chicken Express!

While they were gone I went ahead and fixed my dinner. I had grilled chicken, green beans, and peach yogurt. Very good and very satisifying. I kept thinking how am I going to resist this. I know from past experience that I have always caved in and ate half of their meals.  (They always order more than they are going to eat because they know I am going to ask for some ha ha).

Anyway they come in, sit down and start eating. The strangest thing happened.  It was like they were eating liver and onions to me (I hate liver and onions). The urge to eat did not come upon me. I thank God for going on this journey with me.

Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you can prove that good, accepted and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

Feeding the spiritual man on a daily basis is the key to success.  Not just in weight loss but in every aspect of my life.  I cannot believe how much things have changed since I have put Him first place.  Food has taken back seat in my life.  Exercise has become fun, but has not overtaken my life.  I have to be very careful not to let the numbers on the scale, exercise or worry if i am eating to much/little.  I know those things can become gods in my life.  I have to keep God first.

I am in Dallas this weekend so I will probably not be posting on a daily basis.  Keep praying for me! Thank you everyone for your continued support.  Thanks Teena for the advice!  Love you guys. Love serving in ministry with all my sisters.

Princess Lee

1 comment: